Meatless Monday: Tofu and Peppers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Lime juice and chili-garlic sauce add zing to the peanut sauce that accompanies this tasty vegetarian main dish. The tofu and red bell peppers are roasted on the same baking sheets for easy preparation.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice each tofu cake crosswise into 6 rectangles.
- In a shallow container, whisk together 1 tablespoon each oil and soy sauce. Dip tofu pieces lightly on all sides to coat. Brush two rimmed baking sheets with remaining tablespoon oil; divide tofu between them. Scatter peppers around the edges.
- Bake 10 minutes; turn tofu and peppers. Continue baking until tofu is golden brown and peppers begin to char, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together peanut butter, lime juice, chili sauce, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons water, and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, until warm.
- Drizzle sauce over tofu and peppers. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Meatless Monday, an international movement, encourages people everywhere to cut meat one day a week for personal and planetary health.
Recipe Courtesy & Image Credit: marthastewartliving.comTweet