Meatless Monday: Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos
This recipe boasts “Once you’ve had one – you’ll want another”! Serve these with sour cream, chopped green onions and salsa. (For vegan burritos, omit the cheese and sour cream).
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned black beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces lettuce
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- Divide bean mixture and cubed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with sour cream, lettuce and cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
Recipe & Image Courtesy: AllRecipes.com