Meatless Monday: Dr. Weil’s Kale Salad
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale (about 14 oz), ribs removed and leaves sliced into 1/4-inch
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus shavings for
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes.
Add kale and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Add grated cheese and breadcrumbs and toss. Garnish with shaved cheese before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to two
Meatless Monday, an international movement, encourages people everywhere to cut meat one day a week for personal and planetary health.
Recipe & Image Courtesy: wholeliving.com